News Details

Iannone: Ban has 'ripped my heart apart', with MotoGP career on the brink

Andrea Iannone says the four-year doping ban handed to him on Tuesday has "ripped my heart apart from my greatest love", as it leaves his MotoGP career in tatters. On Tuesday, the Court of Arbitration for Sport ruled Iannone had not presented enough substantial evidence to prove he ingested a banned steroid accidentally through contaminated meat during last year's Malaysian Grand Prix. Losing his appeal to have his 18-month ban overturned, CAS ruled in the World Anti-Doping Agency's favour to have his suspension extended to the full four years. Iannone called the ruling the "worst injustice" he has ever faced and slammed it for having "no logical sense". In a...
Full Story »
Share

You May Also Be Interested In...

Iannone's racing ban extended to four years following...

Andrea Iannone’s 18 month doping ban has been extending to four years...

MotoGP's Iannone appeal rejected, anti-doping ban...

Andrea Iannone's MotoGP career has been dealt a massive blow after his...
-1y from AutoSport.com

Aprilia 'stands by' Iannone but 'looks to the future'...

Aprilia Racing CEO Massimo Rivola says the factory continues to stand by...
-1y from Crash.net

Comments

comments powered by Disqus

2015 MGPToday.com
MGPToday.com is not responsible for the news headlines and associated descriptions and images it indexes, the content of externally linked sites or the comments & postings of its users.

This website is unofficial and is not associated in any way with MotoGP.